Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Spotlight: Designer Lee Ann Thornton

Do you ever encounter an interior designer that, somehow, just sort of speaks to your present style and captures the lifestyle you wish you had? For me, that designer is Lee Ann Thornton.

Recently, I was perusing the latest issue of House Beautiful. Focusing first on the captivating images, I spent more time that usual studying each aspect, every fabric choice and furniture arrangement. Something about the designer's aesthetic felt homey and cozy. Frankly, just perfect.

Thornton's signature style seems effortless, collected and considered over time in a world where every homeowner wants their space decorated yesterday. Her portfolio is filled with pattern-filled rooms with color, antiques and classical architecture that draw you in, just like the houses themselves I'm sure.

The designer's East Coast-meets-West Coast style feels especially fresh to me.

In the September issue of House Beautiful, one of Thornton's Connecticut projects is featured. The nearby Long Island Sound provided a perfect inspiration for the color scheme and general feel of the home itself. 

See what I mean? Now, I'll admit something funny. I've met Lee Ann many times.

Nearly a decade ago, when I was just out of college and working as an assistant buyer for a very high-scale boutique in Greenwich, I had an opportunity to meet Lee Ann. In a place where nearly everyone puts on airs, Lee Ann was a breath of fresh air. Kind, easy going, always friendly, and with personal style to boot.  I was also lucky enough to work with her daughter for awhile and she was equally charming!

It's funny how small the world is, isn't it? 

2 comments:

  1. I love her work and her style does seem effortless. She does a wonderful job of mixing patterns. Your a lucky girl to have met her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a small world. So good to hear that she's 'normal'. I always wonder. :) Her skills are out of this world.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1