Monday, February 11, 2013

Decorating Our Home, One Corner at a Time

meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Welcome to my favorite spot--a single decorated corner in our mostly-empty living room. 
With so much yet to be done to our new home, it has been quite an adjustment for me--an admitted perfectionist who likes things 'just so'--to accept the windows undressed, the walls unadorned and the many projects undone. But, I'm excited about the possibilities that this new space is presenting. I've decided not become overwhelmed by what's not done, and to instead begin putting together one corner in our large living room, a particularly sunny spot that was the right place for many of my favorite books and a classic chair.
meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Did you notice the copy of Irving Penn's Flowers book? I wrote about the out-of-print book here and Adam surprised me this Christmas with a copy he tracked down! I'll treasure it forever. Also, the books sit atop a round table decked in an embroidered cloth we picked up during our honeymoon in the Greek islands. I'm glad to finally be able to show it off.
meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Whenever I may feel daunted by the task of putting this house together, I can pause for a second, remember my new favorite corner in the mostly-empty living room and be content in the process of being a homeowner.

9 comments:

  1. I can see why it is your favorite spot! It is gorg! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Ashley! Love the embroidered table cloth - it adds the perfect amount of color and interest! Also, I like your lamp - knowing you, the DIY maven, you probably made that?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perfect corner! Decorating is definitely a process, but you're off to a great start. Love all the little bits of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are on your way, Ashley! And you're so smart to create a little island of calm around in your new home! Hope we get to see more soon!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely corner, Ashley! It looks beautiful! I can only imagine how hard it is to have a big empty house... I already feel bad in this small apartment with lots to do! But you're right, don't feel overwhelmed and enjoy making this house your home little by little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo elegant. Love it, lamp is perfect for that table! Plus I love the wood from the chair with the glass too, so subtle and beautiful. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty spot. I'm so excited to see the rest as it unfolds!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1