Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Our Living Room...Mostly Complete

Hello! It has been so long since I last opened blogger to start a post. I contemplated packing it up and riding quietly into the blogging sunset; but just like a magnet, something about blogging has pulled me back in and won't let me go, at least not yet.

Frankly, I missed our interactions! I really, truly did. If I could invite each and everyone of you over to my house, we'd probably sit in the living room and spend the day gabbing away about our favorite fabrics, what auctions we've been to lately and our best thrifting discovery of all time. The best rooms are the ones that spark these kinds of engrossing conversations, and that's just what I set out to do in our living room

In the past year (yes, year...we've been working on it for the past 12 months), I've tried to cultivate a warm, cozy, curated room that welcomes to any visitor and demonstrates a little bit about Adam and I. I'm happy to report that we're 99% of the way towards that goal, save for finalized curtains in the room's large bay window.

This space has undergone lots of changes--both big and small. Carpentry, painting, upholstery, new furniture...you get the idea. I love this room. I always feel a little uneasy sharing such personal rooms but I hope it's the kind of room that seems inviting to you, even across the computer screen.

Without further ado...here's our "mostly complete" living room!
(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)

In case you wanted to walk down memory lane, here are some of the projects that brought this living room to life:


Thank you all for sticking with me during my frequent blogging breaks (and following me on Instagram in the interim)--I hope we can pick up where we've left off. I've saved up so many projects to share here on the blog, and I'm looking forward to catching up with each of you!

9 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Ashley!! And, happy you posted! I love how your LR has evolved, it is original and it is so you!! And, your myrtle topiaries look like they are thriving! Kudos to you! And, if I lived in the area, I'd love to come and take a tour of your home! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing!! Love, love, love your chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to come over! We'd chat all afternoon :) It's funny you mention that because I had a friend over recently (her daughter is the same age as my oldest) so we just sat and had coffee and it was cozy and inviting and we all enjoyed ourselves. I love that you can see the personality in this room Ashley - it's so pretty. I love the bookshelves and the large artwork on the opposite wall of the shelves. Blogging has struggled but I'm so glad that some of my favorites haven't given up just yet. I haven't given up either and I love to see where all of you jump in and catch up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layers of rugs, and the spacious feel, I am so going to enjoy getting to know you better. Have another friend in Philly!

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your home. Your blog is super inspiring. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you popped back in! The room is looking so beautiful! Really serene with pops of super interesting details. I love hearing from you even if it's just sporadically!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Was looking forward to seeing it all come together. Would you mind sharing where you got the two rugs?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not on instragram but I checked out your feed today and saw that you're expecting. Congratulations!!! My youngest was born in December and it made for a cozy/happy winter. So happy for you - all the best, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog. I love how this room is coming together. It looks very inviting.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1