Monday, February 3, 2014

Ben Pentreath {A Favorite from Across the Pond}

Ben Pentreath Interiors via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Have you ever come across an interior designer whose entire body of work speaks to you? I have and his name is Ben Pentreath. Pentreath, if you aren't already familiar, is a British designer, architect and shopowner with a traditional English sensibilities that translate to this American Yankee.

Ben Pentreath, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

In this case, a picture is worth a thousand words. So to that end, I'll present photographic evidence this Brit's tremendous talent. 
Ben Pentreath Welsh House via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Welsh House via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Welsh House via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Chichester Project via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Chichester Project via Meet Me in Philadelphia
The designer splits his time between a country home and city rental. In Dorset on the English countryside, Pentreath lives in a converted parsonage that retains much of its 19th century charm but still feels conducive to 21st century life. 

The sitting area (first image below) is one of my most favorite interior images ever. I've studied it, its oversized ottoman-cum-coffee table, layered carpets and boxy yellow sofa from Max Rollitt and come up with one conclusion: I want to live in such a place. 

I mean, could there be a better place to devour a Virginia Woolf, Zadie Smith or Peter Mayle novel?
Ben Pentreath Dorset Home via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Dorset Home via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath Dorset Home via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Pentreath's London flat (a term that sounds so much more cosmopolitan than 'apartment') is a well-balanced blend of modern and antique, of British goods and trinkets from all over the world. Nothing feels forced or overly considered.

The Josef Frank fabrics are as at home with the beni ourain rug as they are with an aged marble mantel.
Ben Pentreath London Flat via Meet Me in Philadelphia
Ben Pentreath London Flat
Ben Pentreath London Flat
(all images via Ben Pentreath)
As if designing gorgeous, homey interiors didn't consume enough time, Pentreath also runs a namesake architecture firm, pens an inspiring blog and owns a charming boutique called Pentreath & Hall. If and when I ever make it to London, I plan to stop in.

What do you think? This designer is a personal fave and hope he'll become one of your favorites now, too.

6 comments:

  1. I have some of those images pinned already, but I have never seen his entire collection. I'm in love with that room too - every inch is just right. Thanks for the intro. I'm going to go drool over this site and blog now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eclectic style and interest in each space! Well done! Never made it to Philly today.. the weather changed our plans! Will be there in next few weelks to see St Josephs and suggestions would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! He is a favorite of mine. How I would love to dwell in one of his homes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I discovered him through Pinterest while researching a particular paint color - which led me to his website where I fell in love with each and every image. Great great stuff. Fellow fan for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing talent. Thanks for the introduction, I can tell I will be falling down the rabbit hole later when my kids are napping, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that lamp! The blue one he has twice there, the same one that is also in red and yellow. I love it! I just love it so much...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1