Thursday, May 27, 2010

Daydreaming of the Islands

With Memorial Day just around the corner, I am finding it hard to concentrate on work. I'm thinking that this weekend is the beginning of corn-on-the-cob, barbecues, beach weekends, and summer weddings. Naturally, with imagery like this floating around my brain, it's nearly impossible to keep my mind in reality. I'm dreaming of an island paradise instead.

(image of Fiji via Google)

No, no, silly...not those islands. These islands:


(images of Casco Bay via Google)

Off of Portland, Maine is a series of islands in the Casco Bay. My mom is from Maine, so as a child I spent countless summers in "vacationland" with my extended family. Occasionally, we would take the long way via Route 1 and experience the scenic New England drive to my grandmother's farm in Farmington.

The temperatures today in Philadelphia are approaching the 90's, and I'm imagining myself biking along a gravel path on Great Diamond Island, one of the islands in the Casco Bay. I am biking to my island cottage that is surrounded by New England nature at its finest. My bike's basket is brimming with flowers and my hair is messy from the ride.

Here are two potential contenders for my dream Maine island cottage, currently for sale on Great Diamond Island in the Casco Bay:



Both need work and are still over my imaginary-Maine-dream-cottage budget (currently set at a whopping $0), but it's fun to dream, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1