Sunday, May 23, 2010

Weekend Recap: Wedding Venue, Take 2

Happy Monday, blog-readers. Adam and I were very busy this past weekend. As promised on Friday, I will share a bit about our second trip to wedding venues.

Saturday was spent buzzing around to two potential wedding sites: Bartram's Garden and the Belmont Mansion, both historic sites that are a part of Philadelphia's expansive Fairmount Park. Don't get me wrong, both are beautiful and a drastic change of pace from the normal urban hustle-and-bustle of Philadelphia, but something was just not right in both of these location. Just not...well, perfect.

The grounds weren't maintained well enough, there weren't enough flowers in bloom, the parking lot wasn't big enough...I could go on (and really, these are both beautiful places, don't get me wrong).

Soon-to-be brides or marrieds out there, do you know what I'm talking about? Will I need to forgo perfection for reality, or can you actually find "the one"?

On a side note, my parents and grandmother will be visiting us over the next weekend so we weren't just scouting wedding venues...we also did a bit of purging. Clearing out the junk made me feel like this weekend wasn't a total bust.


How was your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I don't think there are 100% perfect wedding venues out there, but there will be one that you will see that you will fall in love with. You'll be able to see the negative points, but all the wonderful aspects of it will out-weigh those.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1