Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF, 8/27/10 Edition

Another week has come and gone but I'm looking forward to this weekend because the long-awaited loveseat is ready for pick up! I can't wait to share it in our "den" next week.

Currently, that sad little area looks like this:

I'm in the middle of a number of projects that will bring this room together. It's a bonus space that we never planned on having while living in an apartment, so we've been fortunate to furnish it inexpensively and (I think) creatively. A breakdown of the decor will come next week!

In addition to this "den" area, our place also features a guest bedroom in the subterranean level (that sounds so much nicer than basement, doesn't it?). We admittedly haven't spent much design time on it, so it currently looks like this:



It's a sad state of affairs. Showing these "before" photos are against my better judgment, so please be gentle. It needs a lot of work. There is very little natural light in this room (or in our apartment in general), so eliminating the cave-like feel is my primary aim.

So, my weekend will look like this:

Priority #1: Spruce up the den
Priority #1.5: Spruce up the guest bedroom

What are you up to? Happy Friday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. oooo looking forward to seeing the loveseat! And of course you need to show befores. It makes afters so much more stunning.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1