Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Christmas Craft, Round 1: Partridge Family

Don't be fooled by the title of this post, readers.
This won't be about David Cassidy, Shirley Jones, or Danny Bonaduce.
Don't worry, they'll be none of that.

Instead, I'm going to share with you a little holiday spruce-up. I bought this family of vintage plastic partridges on Etsy back in September. At only $5, these 3 5" gold birds were a bargain, albeit a tired flock.

I turned to our favorite holiday craft maven, maestro Martha Stewart, and her line of glitter from Michael's. The Florentine Gold Glitter seemed like just the holiday-worthy glitz these fowl needed.

A quick slathering of white glue and a sprinkling of golden glitter transformed the plastic partridges into happy holiday hens.

Now, doesn't he look happy?


This is quick and easy craft is just one of many I'm working on this holiday season.

What seasonal crafts do you have in the works?

5 comments:

  1. So cute, Ashley! The one thing I definitely will make this season is a gumdrop Christmas wreath!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! Glitter makes (almost) everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You instantly elevated the look of these tired little partridges! Great idea! I'm so into gold this Christmas!
    -ME

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, everyone! I will warn you: I'm finding glitter in very random places after this project...

    Fran, I hope you share your wreath with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey doll,
    That is such a pretty craft- I love doing crafts :)

    I want to most of my christmas presents this year.

    <3 SUMMER

    Come visit me sometime! www.LOVENBUBBLES.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1