Wednesday, August 18, 2010

In Stitches

I've always been a bit of crafter; specifically, I like to embroider when inspiration strikes. Well, this weekend, inspiration struck when I came upon the book "A Rainbow of Stitches" at Joann Fabrics. Embroidery and cross-stitching are funny hobbies because the design options are limited, that is of course unless you are into duck or teddy bear designs.

(via Google)

Here's a piece I embroidered straight onto stretched canvas back in 2006. I stitched directly over a pencil sketch.

(notice the picture of baby Adam...isn't he adorable?)


The design was pulled from Barry Moser's illustration for "Lewis Carroll's Alice: Alice in Wonderland"...a very, very cool book.

(via Google)

For all the crafters out there, whether you've tried your hand at needlework in the past or not, take some time and peruse this book. You won't be sorry. Designs are varied, from seed pods to good luck charms. I can't wait to dig into it--I'm already brainstorming the holiday gifts this book will inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1