Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Mid-Week Miscellany

Here are a couple of miscellaneous, unrelated items that are floating around my brain mid-week. Enjoy.
For one, I discovered this plaster sculpture of David at Dick Blick yesterday. He's cheap, real cheap ($18).
(via Dick Blick)
Wouldn't you like to bring David home and decorate your bookshelf or etagere with him?

I saw this painting on One Kings Lane (now sold) for, like, the equivalent of several student loan payments.
Am I bold enough to copy it for my living room? Hmmm. Stay tuned.

Speaking of living room walls, these framed intaglios from Ben Pentreath would add a worldy and historical touch to mine.  Add this to the list of things I want but probably will never buy. 
Mandi of Interior Design Musings has a genius tutorial for framed intaglios, so I might be looking to her project for assistance in recreating this piece.

Oh, and I brought home this sad little umbrella stand yesterday. 
My friends at Montana Gold (specifically, "Blue Note") will help me transform this pathetic wire thing.
If the weather warms up, I'll be spray painting this puppy before the week is out.

And lastly, I've been thoroughly enjoying the all-music channels we have, especially the channel called "Throwback Jamz," because they play things like this:
What ever happened to Arrested Development (the band, not the show, which I also loved)?

I told you, just some random thoughts for Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Ashley, I loved this post. Since I'm from Tennessee and was at the University of TN when that AD song came out, it brings back such memories (yes, I'm that old!). I adore the shape of that umbrella stand - you rescued it, and now it will be so special and unique once you paint it. You can totally recreate that art and the intaglios (per Mandi's fab tutorial), and I love that plaster sculpture. I've so been wanting one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to see your umbrella stand makeover

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ashley! Awesome deal on that bust and now I won't rest until I find a place for it in my own home! Your umbrella stand is very cool - you really have an eye for these outstanding pieces!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1