Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wrapping Paper Wall Organizer

Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
If you're anything like me, you find yourself collecting hoarding wrapping paper (especially when it's from Target and a super great price, right?) It's tough to say 'no' to a cute holiday pattern, but the stuff can be annoying to store. So, when putting my craft room together, I was inspired to concoct a simple, inexpensive way to keep my many rolls of wrapping paper neat, tidy and accessible when I want to use them.
Setting about organizing my craft room, I wanted to do my best to utilize items I already had in a new way and use the space effectively. I saw the tiny inset behind the door as a perfect spot for displaying wrapping paper in a space-saving wall organizer. In case you missed it yesterday, this floor plan that I made gives you all a sense of the space I'm working with:
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
(Designers out there: ignore my complete disregard for scale!)

For this project, I needed 20 screw hooks ($1.20/pack of 2) and 10 dowels ($1.50/each). I opted not to go all 'fancy-shmancy wrapping station' on this project because that's just not me.
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Instead, I created a minimalist wall organizer that would recede from sight.
Hopefully you'll agree that it was the way to go.

I started by measuring my wrapping paper rolls. The longest was 42" long, so each dowel was cut to 44" long to allow for 2" at each end that would rest on the screw hooks. Then, the dowels and hooks were both painted white to blend in with the existing wall color in the room.
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
My live-in handyman drilled holes for the screw hooks that would hold the dowels. I wanted the dowels stacked closely together, so the holes were measured 5" apart.
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Together, we screwed in the hooks into the wall by hand in about a minute. 
And that's when the wrapping paper was put on display!
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Meet Me in Philadelphia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
Meet Me in Philadlephia meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com
(all via Meet Me in Philadelphia)
Having these rolls neatly organized should remind me to hold off on buying more rolls...maybe. 
How do you keep your wrapping supplies tidy? 

5 comments:

  1. I wish I had wall space for this- LOVE how its all organzied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and love how it adds color to the space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? Such a great idea and I love your signature red papers against the white walls. My wrapping supplies are piled into a big drawer in my armoire and doesn't look anywhere as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how much storage that gives up without taking up any space really. You smart cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice to have it organized and all on display. P.S. I have that faux bois paper too ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1