Thursday, September 2, 2010

Trip to Casa Walsh on 9/02/10

Do you know what today is, friends? It's September 2, 2010...that is to say it's 9/02/10!

It's Beverly Hills 90210 Day and I couldn't let it pass without dedicating a post to those wacky Minnesota Twins and their house, affectionately known in later seasons as "Casa Walsh". I began watching when it first aired originally (I was a precocious eight year-old) and have loved catching it in syndication ever since.

Let's take a walk down memory lane and up the walkway to the Walsh family abode, shall we?


(via I Am Not a Stalker)

There Spanish-style home was unlike anything I saw regularly in Connecticut. It seemed quintessentially Southern Californian, with it's barrel tiled-roof and stucco exterior.

The living room of the Walsh home: While decidedly not my taste, the setting emphasized how wholesome and family-oriented the Walshes were characterized to be. Books filled the bookcase and picture frames layered the mantel.

(via Sling Blog)

(via Sling Blog)

(via That Is So Phat)

The foyer to their home. Spanish tile, iron railings and grapevine stenciling abound. I do like the leather chair in the background, though.


The kitchen where during most episodes Cindy Walsh could be found preparing a meal. A plate rack, Betty Crocker cookbooks and louvered doors seemed anachronistic in the fast-paced L.A. setting.


Brenda's room: den of teenage girl angst and dramatics. Have I mentioned how much I love her?
(via Sling Blog)

(via Sling Blog)

Brandon's room: he's an all-American guy, symbolized by the homespun quilt on his bed.
(via Sling Blog)

Brenda and Brandon's shared bathroom. Love: the access from both bedrooms; Hate: the yellow/mint/black tile combo.

Jimbo and Cindy's bedroom: notice the gallery wall behind Brenda--ahead of the times, I tell you.
(via Sling Blog)

Hope you enjoyed this trip to Beverly Hills!
Thanks for humoring me. After all, this date was meant for a little 90210 commemoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1