Friday, November 11, 2011

TGIF, 11/11/11 Edition

(via Wikipedia)

Here we are at the end of yet another week, and also at Veterans Day.

Several members of my family, including my father, uncle, brother, sister-in-law, and cousin, are veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces and have served in conflicts in Vietnam, Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. While I'm a pacifist through-and-through, it is important to recognize, honor, and continually support those brave citizens who have given their time, efforts, and possibly lives, for this country.

I hope you'll join me today to be thankful for the commitments and sacrifices that these honorable men and women have made. On a related note, I wanted to remind you all that next week will begin the "My Favorite Things" series around here at Meet Me in Philadelphia. I'll be sharing some items in my home that I'm thankful for and I've invited you to submit your favorite things to appear in next week's feature.
I'd love you to join in!
All you need to do is email me with a photo of your favorite thing, a description of it, an explanation of why it holds a special place in your heart (or even just makes you smile), and where it lives in your home. If you've already submitted your favorite thing--thank you! If not, what are you waiting for?

After all, 'tis the season to be thankful.

Happy weekend, all.
I'm so blessed to have this creative blogging outlet and to have wonderful readers like you!

1 comment:

  1. I am totally emailing you some of my faves. Just, deciding is so hard!

    Heather
    loveyourspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1