Monday, July 2, 2012

How I Spent My Weekend in Maine

This past weekend my husband Adam and I, along with my mother, headed up north to Maine to spend a weekend with my extended family. We left Philadelphia on Thursday, which allowed for plenty of time to stop and enjoy the late June scenery (and seafood) in Vacationland.

En route to Gram's on Friday, we stopped in Portland, grabbed a bite at The Porthole (including a fresh lobster roll--we didn't let you down, Camille!) and spied a curious seal swimming into the wharf.
Mom and I stopped into several cute shops in Portland, which I'll share later this week. We spent Saturday morning around my mother's hometown shopping for antiques and snacking on ice cream from Gifford's, a Maine chain with a few outposts across the state. 
If you're curious--I found quite a few deals and can't wait to share my antiquing bounty with you!

But this trip was not merely about eating and shopping: we were there to celebrate the vow renewal of my cousin and his wife. The ceremony, which included their three little boys, took place aside a beautiful lake.
It had been a long time since I'd been to Maine in the summertime.

What came flooding back to me during my short two day trip was that I have a wonderful family in a great state that I can appreciate as an adult because I live in a place that is so very different. After several very long and taxing weeks at work, this little hiatus in Vacationland restored me.

Happy Monday, friends! More details of my quick trip (including a fabulous Portland boutique and my bargain finds) to come!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! We're heading to Maine in late August, and I can't wait. Such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been up that way but I'd love to visit sometime. I think I would love that New England charm!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maine is a fave of mine... and your photos totally capture why. Hope you're having a summer filled with lobster.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1