Thursday, August 30, 2012

Guest Bloggers: Kim of Chattafabulous


Hello Meet Me in Philadelphia readers! I am so honored and flattered to be guest posting for Ashley! She is one of the kindest and most generous bloggers I've had the pleasure to (virtually) meet, and I love seeing all of her projects and DIYs on her blog. Ashley asked me to blog about what September means to me, so here are my thoughts on the month of September.

First and foremost, September means sweet freedom! Around here, school usually starts back at the end of August, and I still have one school-age child (13), which means I have each Monday-Friday from 9-4 to do whatever I want to do...sort of. Honestly, there's nothing terribly exciting that happens while she's at school, but it's so liberating to have that time to myself!
Another thing that comes to mind when I think about the month of September is feeling a little relief from summer's oppressive heat and humidity. July and August can be particularly brutal here in the Southeast, so in September it's such a gift to get a few mornings with cool temperatures and lower humidity. The cooler temps make me want to get out and do something touristy--like See Rock City!
And finally, September is the yard work season here in the Southeast, and in just a few weeks I plan to plant some new grass seed and plant some trees and azaleas in my front yard. I love to garden and I'm excited to begin my yard work at Project Dollhouse!
What do you love about September?

5 comments:

  1. Everything. It's my favorite month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so ready for the start of fall and September! Kim you need to teach me a little something about gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the promise that September holds for a cool Fall ahead. The crisp October days are my absolute favorite, so September is the perfect prelude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your yard! I love September because it starts getting cooler, and the leaves turn beautiful colors.
    Have a great weekend.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't say that Fall is my favorite, but I do appreciate the cooler nights and mornings. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do in your yard, Kim.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1