Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wedding Preparations: Pottery Collection

Over the weekend, Adam and I went to Connecticut for a long-overdue visit with my parents. Have I mentioned how much I love these people? Or how supportive they are? Or how excited about my wedding my mom is?

I had casually mentioned to my mom that, for our wedding, I would like a hodgepodge collection of cream planters and vases (McCoy or otherwise) to hold flowers on the reception tables. I have a few (maybe 5) that I've picked up from Ebay, thrift stores, or antique shops for very little well before I was even engaged. So, what did my mom do with this casual comment?

She did this:


Since June, she's had the goal of collecting a variety of these cream planters. She's practically scouring all of New England. These selections range from Maine to Pennsylvania, with none more expensive than $20.

It's funny how, in just a gesture like this, my parents' love is so apparent. I am looking forward to the day when they are assembled with pride at my wedding reception.

Thanks, Mom.

3 comments:

  1. My pleasure...and it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Gorgeous and incredibly sweet.

    Weddings can be these amazing vehicles for bringing out the absolute best in families. (Sometimes the reverse happens too, but moments like this far outweigh those!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet - I love it! It is going to look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1