Friday, September 9, 2011

TGIF, 9/9/11 Edition

It's Friday and I couldn't be more happy about that, friends. 
Even though it was an abbreviated week, I felt underwater the entire time; perhaps you can relate!

But, better times are in store for me this weekend, kicked off with a great concert tonight. Adam and I are going to see TV on the Radio and Broken Social Scene tonight at the Mann Center. If you're not familiar with these bands, you may recognize the lead singer of TV on the Radio Tunde Adebimpe, above, who played Sidney the fiance in "Rachel Getting Married". In the movie he covered this Neil Young song, "Unknown Legend". 

For your viewing pleasure:
(via You Tube)

Sorry, I know this post isn't design-related, but I love music and am so excited for tonight. Additionally, I'll be enjoying some good-old-fashioned flea market fun tomorrow with my City Paper friend, Meg.

Hope you are all as excited for this September weekend as I am!
Tah-tah 'til Monday, all. 

7 comments:

  1. Have a great weekend, Ashley. I'm so excited, we have beautiful weather in the forecast. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kim, you lucky lady! We are forecasted to have rain all weekend...oh well, fun things in store anyhow! Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! We saw Kyp Malone at BAM a while back and it was such a great show. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw TVOTR in a TINY club in New York with my husband about 6 or 7 years ago. They are AMAZING. So great live. Have a wonderful time!!!

    Heather
    loveyourspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. TGIF is right! Have a great time at the concert!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope the concert was wonderful. I saw that movie (Rachel Getting Married) and loved it. Sorry I've been out of the blog loop lately - life gets in the way sometimes. I love the idea of painting a bed red (from your previous post). So graphic. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1