Friday, September 16, 2011

TGIF, 9/16/11 Edition

Fellow design-nerds, another weekend is upon...and I'm particularly psyched about all the decor-related shenanigans that will ensue, so let's just dive right into it:

First and foremost:
Say your goodbyes to these ugly ducklings.

 If you've read this blog for any length of time, you know I've been dying to have my $40 Craigslist-find living room chair and sad-sack ottoman reupholstered in a dashing Sister Parish print. Well, well, welly, well, well, the day is upon us! The fabric is in! The chair and ottoman are off to the upholsterer's this very day. I.am.overcome.with.excitement. Aren't you?

As if that wasn't enough:
 We've got big plans to attend tonight's Design*Sponge event at Terrain. Design*Sponge + Terrain? Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on my DS book! I.am.overcome.with.excitement.

But wait, there's more:
 I have today and Monday off so that I can spend some major quality time with Mom! 
She's here now, luxuriating in my newly redesigned guest bedroom and we've got several projects in the queue for the next few days (perhaps that's news to Mom...). I.am.overcome.with.excitement.

Well there you have it, my weekend in a nutshell.
I am so jazzed to share with you some completed projects as well as a recap of the D*S at Terrain event next week.
Enjoy your weekend, dearest readers!

9 comments:

  1. That's a great chair - anxious to see the makeover. I love Terrain and will be interested to hear all about the event. I really wanted to go but we had other plans for tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see how the chair and ottoman turn out! Love getting stuff back from the upholsterer's...it's like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that chair is a beauty! No wonder you're excited, it will look even better in the fabric you chose!

    My D*S book came by mail yesterday and it's amazing! Enjoy your mom and have fun! :)

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome, Ashley!! Can't wait to see your newly upholstered chair. And, I received the DS book last week and it's a real treat! I love it! Have a great long w/e!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun!! I absolutely love getting my pieces re-upholstered...so exciting! Take care and have a great time with your mother! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Craigslist finds! Can't wait to see what they turn into!

    blair @ scsd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a great weekend you have in store! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the results come Monday. Have a great time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Design*Sponge plus Terrain, awesomeness! I am so jealous and wish I lived closer! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to see the transformation. Now about Design Sponge. I wanted to go to the SF signing event, but I'm too shy to go anywhere by myself amongst people I don't know...
    Will you go with anyone?
    Camille

    3-2-1 Contact. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1