Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Visiting Chicago: The Art Institute of Chicago

On our brief trip to Chicago, my husband and I admittedly weren't the best tourists. 
We didn't visit Lake Michigan or eat a Chicago-style hot dog or stop by the Field Museum...
but we did visit a fantastic spot that enlivened my soul as only art can do.

We spent last Friday morning slowly roaming around The Art Institute of Chicago, which is magical, really.
There's nothing like being in the presence of unparalleled greatness, and that's what the AIC offered.
I couldn't help myself but to snap seemingly thousands of pictures.

We saw Chagall.
 We saw Calder.
 We saw Georgia O'Keefe.
 We saw Paul Cezanne.
 We saw George Seurat.
We saw Pablo Picasso.
 We saw Jackson Pollock.
 We saw Yves Klein.
 We saw Salvador Dali.
 We saw Cy Twombly.
 We saw Alex Katz.
 We saw Constantin Brancusi.
We saw Barbara Kruger.
We saw Claude Monet.
We saw Willem de Kooning.
and, of course, we saw Vincent Van Gogh.
And we saw countless other interesting pieces, such as:
(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)

If the sheer number of images didn't emphasize it enough, I could have spent hours at The Art Institute of Chicago. What a special place to celebrate the diverse artistic talents of humanity.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!

4 comments:

  1. Ashley stunning works of art and what better way to spend the morning on a Chicago visit!

    Thought you would enjoy...Interview with Leslie of Segreto Finishes and her fabulous Book Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that museum! And love your opening image :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to a museum in awhile. Today might be the perfect day since it's raining!

    xx

    jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I miss that place!! I used to love visiting there. It's a wonderful world to get lost in.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1