Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Fabulous $5 Fabric Find from the Thrift Store

Ever seen those jumbled collections of fabric that look like a glorified rag bag at your local thrifting haunts? You know the ones: they're usually gathered in discarded, plastic comforter packaging. Next time you spot one, it may be worth your while to see if amidst the junk fabric lies a hidden treasure.

...and here's why:
In a trip to my oft-mentioned favorite thrifting spot, I spotted an overflowing bag of mismatched fabrics for $5. Most of the bag's contents were probably polyester in nature, but one print in the sack caught my eye.

Once at home, I unearthed over 3 yards of a vintage Thibaut cotton floral print called "Primavera" from the bag and quickly put the vibrant fabric to work as a table runner for my dining room.
With a few more yards to spare, I'm wondering what I should make next with this pretty print. Any ideas?

Add this $5 treasure to my growing list of surprisingly thrift store finds (for more, check out this and this)!

7 comments:

  1. That fabric has your name all over it! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me?? Thibaut? Wow! And that fabric looks like it was made for you - the colors, the vintage aspect. Perfection! Hmm. Maybe you could make a bolster pillow with the leftovers?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These finds are fantastic, aren't they? I always feel like I've accomplished something huge! :D This fabric is beautiful and it looks great in your dining room!

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, Ashley!! Puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ashley, I think that bag was MEANT to be yours. That fabric is so you. How luck you are!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1