Monday, September 20, 2010

Fall Crafts, Round 1: Paper Bag Wreath

I spent Sunday working on my first fall craft of the season, a cute paper-bag wreath I spied over at Abbey's blog. Abbey originally pulled it from Martha, and I thought it would be an easy craft with a big effect for our apartment door. I followed the directions on Abbey's post:



(both via Abbey via Martha)

If you'd like to make this cheap beauty, I recommend following Martha's directions, except that I found it easier to attach the "leaves" with a glue gun instead of the suggested stapler. I've included some process photos:




You'll see I used brown kraft paper, metallic brown cardstock, and gold cardstock. If A.C. Moore had bronze cardstock, I would have purchased that; but alas, they did not. Here was my total cost for this first fall craft of the season:
  • 1 sheet of 12"x12" gold cardstock - $0.49
  • 2 sheets of 12"x12" brown metallic cardstock - $0.98
  • 16" wire wreath form - $2.59
  • 1 black wreath hanger - $0.99
  • 1 7-yrd spool of expresso grosgrain ribbon (for wreath hanger) - $3.99
  • Total, inc. tax - $9.76
What do you think?

P.S. Did you notice the slight change in the blog heading? Like it?

4 comments:

  1. This is WAY easier than my little leaves project is turning out to be. Maybe I'll ditch mine and do this instead?!

    And I love the updated header!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so easy...though I'm not encouraging you to abandon your project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i totally dig this idea. i always have lots of packing material that goes to waste, i bet i could make a cool one out of recycled goods. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bianca--love the idea of reusing materials! I wish I had thought of it (since as how I was sorely disappointed in the selection at my local A.C. Moore)...thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1