Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Snapshots of Society Hill, Part I

Despite its name, I admit that I don't do a good job at reflecting my adopted hometown of Philadelphia on this blog. It's especially shameful because I happen to live in one of the prettiest and most historic neighborhoods, called Society Hill, in the City of Brotherly Love so today and tomorrow you'll be treated to a visual tour of the area.

Society Hill abuts Independence Hall and the site of the Liberty Bell, so our streets are always filled with tourists on foot and in horse-drawn carriages. Many nearby houses predate the formation of the country and are in Federal or Georgian style. Hallmarks of those architectural styles, including shutters, ornate iron railings, and stacked marble front steps, abound here.


There is such a sense of timeless beauty in the historic homes I'm lucky enough to live near.
(all images via Meet Me in Philadelphia)

Isn't Society Hill just amazing?
Stop by again tomorrow to see more bits of this wonderfully historical neighbor that I call home.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful neighborhood! I love all the history. We don't get that over here in California.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics Ashley!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Philly. I got married there and lived on Green Street and would go back in a heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fran, I had NO idea that's where the name of your blog came from! How cool.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1