Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Before and After: Salvation Army Ottoman

Last week, I alluded to an exciting before and after courtesy of my beloved mother. I have to thank my mother for any artistic talent I have; I should also thank her for my compulsion for a neat and tidy home...all beneficial qualities!

My mother is always willing to help me out with a project. When we moved in and needed curtains for our bedroom, my mother turned 2 rectangular Roberta Roller Rabbit curtains into 4 luxurious curtain panels, 2 pillow shams, and 2 throw pillows for our bed. The woman is a master, I tell you.

That's why I came to her with the following project. I found this hotel-grade stool at my super-secret Salvation Army near my parents' house during a winter visit. It was $3 and lacked pizazz, but I saw its potential.

Right off, it was clear that the hunter green fabric just wouldn't do. Not wanting to break the bank with my fabric choice, I knew just the place to look for inexpensive fabric: Marden's! I picked up the remainder of a cotton stripe print (about 3 yards) for $8 during a visit to my extended family in Maine. My revitalized ottoman was coming together!

Are you ready for my mom's handiwork?!?

She did such a great job! When I picked it up this weekend, I also managed to pick up a coordinating cherry blossom fabric (for $6) from Osgood's when Adam and I were there selecting linen for our loveseat project.

The ottoman will rest alongside the reupholstered loveseat with the new printed pillows.

A round of applause for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1