Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nightstand Quick Change

So how about a midweek makeover, friends?

I'm still working on the ol' guest bedroom, and have been looking at a way to update a vintage wire stool I purchased on Ebay over the summer. Here it was, in all it's previous glory.
I had no use for another seat in the room, so I decided to convert it into a nightstand.
Over the weekend, I did a little "shopping" at my parents' house, and found one of those round tables with removable legs. You know the ones: they are usually made of MDF or pressed wood, and are usually covered with ruffled table skirts. The only thing salvageable from this table was the round tabletop. It would make a perfect top to my new nightstand.
Silly me, I tried staining the "wood," but the stain just highlighted the crap material I was working with. Instead, I painted it with white primer.
With a coat of paint, this stool was reinvented into a nightstand.


How'd I do?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, impressive! I am loving your guest room makeover.

    I can't wait to hear about your fun weekend in New England with your sweet parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, Julie! I could think of a certain New York couple who is always welcome in this guest bedroom I'm working on...(hint, hint)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "guest" bedroom looks like all it is missing is the guests! Great use for an old item and what an UPDATE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! Kinda looks like a Platner table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Naomi. That's sort of what I was going for, except a looooottt cheaper (it looks it, too, but hey, I'm fine with that).

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1