Thursday, October 28, 2010

Obviously, I'm Cheaper Than Most

Look, I'm going to be honest with you all. I really, really want to like One Kings Lane and their fabulous discounted offerings, but I've never pulled the trigger on any of the items I've admired. Reason being?

I'm cheap, that's why. Either that, or the things offered on One Kings Lane just aren't discounted enough. Am I alone here?

Let me give you a couple examples from Tori Mellott's Tastemaker Tag Sale, which started on Tuesday evening. I've loved Tori's apartments featured in Domino and elsewhere, so I waited excitedly for her Tastemaker selections. But to my dismay, I was met with very expensive pieces on Tuesday night that I just can't get over.

Here's a sampling of the items, some still available for sale.

A vintage tulip chair, $599

A velvet x-bench, $599

A 1950's chrome chair, $599

An octagonal table, $1,499

An upholstered headboard, $1,999

A shagreen box, $249

A marble egg, $199
(all via One Kings Lane)

Okay, so I get it. Tori is famous and has great taste, and these are one-of-a-kind items....buuuuuuuuuut, am I the only one who could find similar pieces for much less? Am I the only one who thinks One Kings Lane is still expensive, despite being a discounted site?

Please tell me I'm on to something here. I don't want to go on believing that I'm the only one still living in a recession reality.

2 comments:

  1. holy shit, we must be slightly on the same page.... at least with tulip chairs. Just bought 4 for $300. Who needs OKL when there is Craigslist?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, you've conveniently proved my point! I'd much rather use Ebay or Craigslist anyday...and save myself some cash for more goodies. I mean, a $200 marble egg!?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1