Tuesday, January 31, 2012

More Changes to My Living Room

Thank you all for the lovely comments to yesterday's roman shade tutorial that I shared.
I included a few "after" photos in the post that showed I also made several small but effective changes to the living room.
One change sparked another, and another, and so on.
Since several of you had commented on my dotty spotty pillow, I thought I'd mention that it's Groundworks print called "Twister". I bought it as a fabric remnant from Ebay because it's awfully spendy at full price.

I also relocated some of my artwork to add a bit more color to the space, including our Carter Kustara silhouettes and the Bella Foster print that we received as a wedding present.

Remember the $22 Moroccan-style table I found in Maine over Thanksgiving?
At such a low price, the table wasn't exactly in the best of shape and definitely needed some TLC.
A careful coating of "Wrought Iron" paint by Martha Stewart for Home Depot in a semi-gloss completely changed the overall look of the table and played off of the deep navy from my Groundworks pillow.
Just a couple of quick, easy changes to the living room that make it feel fresh and new.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it all, Ashley!! You are so talented at pulling it all together. It truly looks fabulous, and those new roman shades are just the icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cris--thanks for stopping by. The fabric on the chair is a print from Sister Parish called "Tucker". If you're curious, I wrote more about it here: http://meetmeinphiladelphia.blogspot.com/2011/10/sister-parish-chair-and-ottoman.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before, your room is looking great! You're doing an amazing job! :)

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo. I love how the table turned out. And switching the art around did bring more color to that side of the room.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the changes...and those roman shades!! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1