Thursday, October 13, 2011

New-to-Me Artist: Alanna Cavanagh

Just this week, I discovered a new-to-me artist from Canada, Alanna Cavanagh, who produces very whimsical illustrations and large-scale screenprints that elevate mundane items into works of art. Perhaps you'll agree.  

Cavanagh is an illustrator, screen printer, and typographer, with her work being featured in Canadian House & Home, The Wall Street Journal, Better Homes & Gardens, and Real Simple, among others. I was instantly drawn to her casual pen-and-ink-type scissor illustration, which feels like a doodle from your middle school notebook; but when I saw her aged-looking Penguin Book cover screenprints, I knew I had to see more of this talented lady's work. 



Be sure to check out Cavanagh's portfolio here for more not-so-serious prints that would add a welcomed touch whimsy to any home.

3 comments:

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1