Monday, October 10, 2011

Sister Parish Chair and Ottoman Revealed!

This project has been a long time coming, but I am thrilled to finally reveal the "after" results of my reupholstered $40 Craigslist chair and inherited ottoman. Both now happily occupy my living room and I'm so happy that I waited to purchase the fabric that was my number one choice (Sister Parish's "Tucker" design in the beige/white colorway).

I love having pieces reupholstered because it is like breathing life into the well-designed-but-outdated. 
To see the "befores", be sure to visit this post.
 A few detail shots for you all to enjoy:
 For the time being, I think the ottoman is best suited with my Alan Campbell-covered side chair
They make a fun little couple, am I right?
I also have a fun Turkish kilim pillow coming (a recent Ebay purchase) that should add another fun print to the chair. 
What do you all think? 
Were the results worth the wait?

I must give full credit to the fabulous upholsterer I worked with, Molly of Chairloom. Thanks, Molly!

19 comments:

  1. Here's to the perfect pair! And the rug will only make it better. I'm loving the way that corner looks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! They look fabulous & I'm so jealous. I desperately need to reupholster a couple of chairs and it's killing me. Love yours! Great job, as usual, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice!

    I like your lamp and side table, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chair and ottoman look fantastic! That Sister Parish fabric is my ALL TIME favorite fabric. Green with envy :) Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks amazing - like straight out of a Room & Board catalog! I love the small scale pattern on the fabric you chose. I feel like it compliments the modern lines of that chair really well. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks sooo good!! It was completely worth the wait. I love it. Aren't you so happy to have the new/vintage chair sitting pretty in your home?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how it came out, you made the perfect fabric choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! Totally worth the wait.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowza, Ashley - it looks fantastic! I have such a hard time deciding on fabrics - there are so many beautiful ones out there! Your choice is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally worth the wait! I love it. Please sit in it for me! The pillow will add a nice contrast and texture. You have a great eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE. The color palette and scale of the fabric is so great with the clean lines of the chair. Just yesterday I found myself buying discounted fabric that wasn't quite right, thinking it could fill in for what I "really" want. You were smart to wait, tough as it must have been!

    Heather
    loveyourspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous! Love the fabric and the chair looks great in it!

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric is pure awesomeness and looks great on the chair. What a makeover!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have a crush on your sheep. Chair looks cool. But sheep is even cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks amazing! I really love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pairing! And your Sister Parish fabric is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  17. yay! Your must be so happy.

    ps- impact looked good! Are you going to any DesignPhiladelphia events? did I already ask you that? I'm losing it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1