Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Excursion to Impact Thrift Store

It was a sad weekend 'round Philadelphia, friends, on account of a majorly depressing loss by the Phillies late Friday evening. I'm not being hyperbolic when I say that a somber sort of mood hung over the city the next morning, and certainly we all needed some kind of pick-me-up.

What's a better cure-all than a trip to a great thrift store?

I was overdue for a trip to the local Norristown branch of the Impact Thrift Store chain. I've written about this particular store before and usually find many, many secondhand finds that I have to share with blog friends far and wide. So, without further ado...

These chairs would look as cool on your lanai as in your living room. 
Reminiscent of Anthropologie's "Banda" armchair (at a much more spendy price), no?
Sturdy and in excellent shape. $50/each.
 This large dining room table, $35, was unfortunately covered in a pea green finish. 
Wouldn't it look great refinished and paired with Ghost chairs? 
Yeah, I thought so, too.
 This brass etagere was only $50 and in great condition. 
Apply a little Brasso and it would be a perfect foundation for your collection of books and vignettes.
 This small chest, only about 3 feet tall, caught my eye. 
At $35, it would have come home with me, too, had I the space for it. 
 This mid-century armoire was around $65 and it was fantastic looking. 
Shiny and pristine. 
Flamestitch sofa, anyone?
I'd tear off the skirt and never look back.
 Okay, go with me on this one. 
Get rid of the millions of separate cushions, and replace them with a single one and a bolster on each arm.
What you really need to notice is the shapely detail at the legs. 
I recall this might have been ~$100.
All in all, lots of good finds. No, none of these items came home with me, but I did walk away with a $4 lamp shade for my demijohn lamp (still to come). 
Can't beat a weekend afternoon visiting a great thrift store.

10 comments:

  1. Wish that place was near me!!! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have got to come up to Philadelphia just to hit this amazing store. Every time you go there are delights. I'm totally with you on the upholstered leg sofa - love it. And those brass shelves would've found a way to make it home with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to swing by there next time we visit the BF's family! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that is a FINE thrift store! Such great stuff!

    I haven't had such great success with Brasso--maybe I'm not using it on the real deal but the lacquered stuff. Dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! So many great finds all in one place.
    (I don't know if I could have left that table behind!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is my exact dining room table! Not pea green though. I love the couches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds Ashley. The dining table (minus the pea green finish) could definitely find it way to my house along with the small chest. I wish I had luck at the thrift stores, we never seem to have anything great around here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOu hit it big, girl! I had a pretty good thrift store run myself - folks must be clearing out the old before the holidays?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love what I can find at Impact! Even to re-purpose or take one item and use it for something else. Absolutely a place for creatives who want to add to their home.

    -Chrissy of Crashbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1