Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Meet the Artist: Eva Wylie

Recently, I stopped into the Philadelphia Art Alliance to enjoy an after-work gathering with friends and, while there, I couldn't help but notice the current exhibit from artist Eva Wylie. Her work captures the detail of small items within large-scale silkscreen installations, requiring its audience to stop and ponder each piece slowly and deliberately.

This piece, "Embedded Threads" can be appreciated from the closest to the farthest vantage points.

I am glad to have discovered Ms. Wylie's unique talent and am sure I'm not the only who would love to spend more time admiring the detail in each of these pieces.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing. Don't you want to do that to a wall now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Those wall displays are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, her work is captivating. I love it when I come across an artist who does something I've never seen the like of -- she qualifies. How cool that you got to see this in person, Ashley.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1