Thursday, October 25, 2012

My Week Thus Far

It may seem strange to title this post "my week thus far" since the week is nearly over; but all week I've been on assignment: taking care of my 4-year old niece near Fort Dix, New Jersey. Staying somewhere else, even if it is only an hour from Philadelphia, calls for some exploring, right?
I researched antique shops in the area, and was pleased when I found a few pieces I knew I couldn't leave without. With my niece Chloe at preschool each day, I've been out and about visiting the corners of most antique or secondhand shops within a 40-minute radius.
Here's what I'll be taking home to Philadelphia when I leave (including the chair above):
As you can see, a few of the pieces (namely the chair and the painting) are works-in-progress, but I decided to treat myself because going from being a childless adult to being responsible for a 4-year old and a dog for 7 days is tiring. Srsly. Anyway, can't you see the parlor chair in a ticking stripe or other small-scale print? And, of course, the two cream planters will be added to the collection in my guest room. Oh, and yes, I am already scheming a number of crafts for the upcoming Christmas season because I'm crazy about the season.

All in all, it's been a good week that's allowed me to discover some antique bargains. 
Hope yours is going well, too!

6 comments:

  1. That chair is fantastic! So excited to see what fabric you decide to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that table, Ashley!! I miss my treasure hunting days!!! Enjoy it....so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now look who's rubbing in her great finds! Love them all. And you are a kind and brave aunt to watch a 4-year-old for a week. You definitely deserve all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say you have earned your shopping time! Wonderful finds, Ashley - just your style!

    www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. great finds! I can't wait to see what you do with the parlor chair.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1