Wednesday, November 23, 2011

But For the Grace of God Go I


It can be difficult at times for me to see outside of my own situation which, despite being unemployed, is comfortable and fortunate. And yet, there are constant reminders that others are not so comfortable or so fortunate.

On Thursday, I'll be enjoying a homemade Thanksgiving feast prepared with thought and love by my family; but it would be ignorant to assume that all Americans are going to be enjoying the same. If you want to know a few ways to contribute to the comfort of others at this time of year, there are great organizations working to provide the less fortunate:

Nationwide:

In the greater Philadelphia-area:

And, as promised, I wanted to announce the winner of the Martha Stewart Living subscription giveaway:
Congratulations, Danielle of Fresh Quince
Danielle, I'll be contacting you for your details.

Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Such a good reminder. I heard a story on the radio a little while ago saying that food banks in affluent areas have been particularly hard-hit, because the need isn't always so obvious. It's always a harder challenge than it should be to remember how incredibly lucky I am.

    Wishing you and Adam and your sweet families a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for giving us this avenue to give. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippeee...totally thrilled that I won! I would be even more thrilled if you took the money for the subscription and donated it to Feeding America. But if the subscription is already purchased, then that is great and I'll donate myself to Feeding America. Thanks Ashley...you are just too sweet! xx Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great reminder this time of year, or really anytime. Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Ashley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for such an important and meaningful post. This is the time of year when we need to help those having tough times. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1