Monday, November 7, 2011

Roundup: My Current Fall Craft & Decor Favorites

As I type this, I am in the middle of a very long project list that I concocted about a month ago in an attempt to make the most of my little "vacation from employment" (wink, wink). The list contains a lot of sewing and painting, but I'm hoping to squeeze in a few more seasonal projects before the autumn escapes.

One of the reasons I love fall and the lowering temperatures is because I can spend more time at home and on crafts than in the summertime. Here are just a few of my favorite craft and decor ideas that are perfect for a season focused on opening our homes to family and friends.

Talk about making a grand first impression to Thanksgiving visitors!
Why not bundle your Japanese maple, with its vivid red leaves, and transform it to a seasonal sculpture in your foyer?

These wheat sheaf place card kits are perfect for welcoming your Thanksgiving guests to their seats.

To imbue your turkey day tablescape with a little autumnal essence, why not use a bark charger under your plates?
(via Martha Stewart)

If you're feeling ambitious, may I recommend these papier mache faux bois planters?
I'd love to see a jewel-toned arrangement in these at the holiday table.
(via Martha Stewart)

Are garlands just for Christmastime? No way! I like this leafy garland idea from Women's Day.
Personally, I'd forgo the silk leaves in favor of preserved leaves (from Save on Crafts) to play up the all-important natural quality of nature (duh, right?).
(via Woman's Day)

Have I inspired you to get cracking on some seasonal craft and decor projects for your home? 
Any fall project ideas you are itching to try? If so, please share!

P.S. 
Thank you for your overwhelmingly kind comments on Friday's post. Many of you responded that it brought tears, and I have to admit that your comments did the same for me. I'm still feeling my way around this new world of mine and am forever grateful for your thoughtfulness and support.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty, pretty, pretty! I hope that you're able to get crafty this week! Would love to see what you're coming up with.

    I *love* fall decor. It seems like with just a few purchases of say, durable handmade decor, you can supply the rest from the outdoors!

    Take care,
    Heidi
    Saffronmarigold.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg those wheat sheaf place cards are RIDICULOUS. i need them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Japanese maple kills me. In a good way ;-) Wish I had a huge foyer to feature something so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo. I love, love, love that tablescape. So masculine feeling and natural. Don't even get me started on the Japanese maple in the foyer!
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1