Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My Ch-Ch-Ch-Chip-en-dale Mirror

Let me begin by saying that I fully intend on sharing my repainted Chippendale-style mirror with you all, but can we pause for a minute and just talk about the connotation I have with the word Chippendale?
Two connotations, actually.
This:

and this:
 (both via You Tube)

Both are glorious reminders of the late eighties-early nineties.
Now, back to the subject at hand, my $30 Chippendale mirror, which started out with an unbecoming glossy cherry finish that did not blend with the other tones in my living room.
I solicited color advice from you geniuses a few weeks back and finally got around to painting the mirror.
I know it's a bit unorthodox for a home decor blogger to paint something off-white, but that's exactly what I did. The paint was from Martha Stewart's Home Depot line (the color is "glass of milk") and like the the mirror both recedes into the wall and, yet, still has a presence thanks to its silhouette.

-AND-
Today is the last day to enter the giveaway for a one-year subscription to Martha Stewart Living!
All you have to do is be sure to be a follower of this blog & comment here.
A winner will be announced tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of "Glass of Milk" as I've used it before on a few items. Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I would like it white--but I do! For exactly the reason you say: it recedes but does not disappear. Lovely.

    Heather
    loveyourspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice silhouette. Glad you went with your gut/heart and made it your own. Looks great! Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of the white! Nice and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, friend! Your living room looks awesome! Glad to be catching up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all, you are so darn funny! Second, I like the white because you are right that the pretty silhouette still shows, but also, the mirror acts more like another window in the room now.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1