Monday, November 14, 2011

My Favorite Things, Day 1


Welcome to a new week, blog friends!
Starting today, I'll be sharing some of my favorite things around my home.

It's easy to become consumed with the need for new things, better things, or prettier things when blogging; but I wanted to take some time to consciously celebrate what I am grateful to already have because, really,   I am very fortunate. I hope you'll enjoy this little exercise and will join in (I'll be sharing your favorite things on Thursday--so email me with something in your home that you love to pieces, and I'll be sure to include it!).

Favorite thing #1
Most people who know me would characterize me as a serious, quiet person, but the truth is: I can be silly and lighthearted, too! These vintage spun cotton birds, strangely enough, remind me to let more of that silliness show whenever I see them.

Life, like design, benefits from unexpected humor and irreverence. 
So, why not display it?

Join me tomorrow for another of my favorite things.

7 comments:

  1. I love this! Just last night I was thinking the same thing...homes need to be happy...and that usually comes from thinks like your stork find above...not expensive/trendy items...but lighthearted, fun and meaningful things! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love you storks! And you're so right - we all spend so much time trying to get "perfect" when we should be trying to fill our homes with the things that bring us joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these guys! So happy and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your storks. And I know I've never met you in person, but your online "personality" is definitely very fun and fun-loving. These are so you! I agree we should enjoy every single thing in our homes. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your favorite thing #1! They are just lovely!

    http://www.scavengenius.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you said about design benefiting from some unexpected humor and irreverence!
    Your little avian trio does bring a smile, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this series! These storks are too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1