Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday, Blog!

(Original Cupcake photograph via EllaKSverdlov on etsy)

One year ago today, I began this lil' ol' blog.

Off the bat, I was timid to share the url with anyone I knew in real life, fearing their judgment and critique. Remember, I'm not an interior designer; I'm just a twenty-something with a penchant for all-things design. I posted without concern that no one was reading. This was just my little space to share my design inspirations and the projects that were keeping me busy around the house.

But that got lonely. 

Mustering what confidence I could, I began commenting (big step...trust me) on others' blogs and found that kind-hearted, inspiring bloggers out there actually began reciprocating!

A year into this blogging endeavor, I'm slowing building regular readership. Believe it or not, your thoughtful comments and emails (I even get emails from you! So sweet!) inspire me more than you'll ever know. The point-of-view and vision that you, dear readers, share in your comments and on your own blogs challenges me to the nth degree.

The fact that you take even a minute out of your day to visit my little repository of interior ideas makes my lifetime, you really must know that.

Thanks for making the first year of my blogging so special.

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Keep it up girl!
    XOXO
    Danika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog birthday! So glad you started your blog - I enjoy your posts so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe congratulations on one year! Such a milestone. I know firsthand that putting yourself out there can be so difficult. But I love the perspective you share and it's been equally delightful to get to meet you in person.

    Keep it up lady! There are many more chairs than need your keen eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary to you! I happen to love your blog :)

    -Rene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your blog! I am glad I found it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Ashley! I love your blog and now you're officially on my blogroll (I may have already told you that, but it's late and I'm old).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I'm so glad to have found your blog! Keep posting, we are reading!
    -ME

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1