Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend In Review: Thrifting at Impact!

This past weekend was a fruitful one, as I accomplished the few tasks I shared with you all on Friday, and managed to have a wonderful time thrifting, too!

Undaunted by the dreary weather on Saturday, Adam and I drove to the Impact Thrift Store in Norristown, a western suburb of Philly. We'd been there just before moving into our current apartment about two years ago, and figured it was worth another visit. Boy, was it!

This fab chair greeted us at the store's entrance. Honestly, sharing these pictures is making me want to kick myself for not picking this one up...imagine it in some peppy color...
It was $15!
 This beauty was $30 and had there not been a piece of missing veneer, it would have accompanied us back to our apartment. Glass knobs! OMG!
 This pair of matching bamboo nightstands were for sale, along with a mirrored dresser. The mind reels...so much could be done with this set.
 An immaculate mid-century sideboard is the type of piece that would sell for thousands in Manhattan. At Impact, it was a few hundred dollars. I love the contrasting white round knobs!
 A tall cabinet with more bamboo detailing. It was around $50.
 and up close:
 This sofa stopped me in my tracks...isn't it reminiscent of a George Sherlock sofa? It was pristine, and only $800 (freshly cleaned, too).
 $5 chrome task lamp, anyone?
 So now that I've whetted your appetite, here's what we stuffed into our car: a 4-drawer desk in a tragic mustard color that will become our new dining room sideboard. 
The best part? 
It was $20!
This "before and after" is going to be epic--just you wait!
 Oh, and these old copies of Martha Stewart Living mags joined the sideboard...$1.75 for all 5.
I love me some Martha!

There are 2 more Impact Thrift Store locations in the surrounding Philly suburbs and you know I'll be checking them out very, very soon.  I'm so excited to share with you my revamped sideboard and my kitchen/dining area, which I've never shown!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

15 comments:

  1. HOLY COW! Those pieces along with those prices??? INSANE! Wow, love all those items and am so envious of your sideboard find! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see what you do with the desk. Just a great price. I wish those bamboo nightstands were a little closer to Chicago, they would be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That couch is so great! Can't wait to see your desk make-over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What great finds! I may have to take a trip there... been wanting to for a while now. That sofa is beautiful. It reminds me of Lauren's from Pure Style Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren--yes, DO make the trip to any of their three stores! It's totally worth it!

    Julie--the couch is insane, right? Alas, the last thing I need is a third sofa for my apartment. 3 sofas for 2 people is just wacky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashley,
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad to have found yours too, a girl after my own heart! I haven't been thrifting for a few months and this has my itching to go. Love that white chair, and $15!!!
    My little sis lives in Lafayette Hill, I'll have to check this place out next time I'm down that way.
    -Danika

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ashley, welcome to the area. When you have the time, make a point to visit the Impact Thrift in Hatboro. Toni will help you with books and Josh, Brandon or Ben can help you with furniture. Michelle is great in the jewelry department. Diana, Faye or Crystal could be at checkout. The atmosphere is SO friendly, and so conducive to your coming back, again and again. There is a gorgeous mahogany high chest there now, looks to me like circa 1920 maybe, with gorgeous detailing. There are so many charming towns north of Philadelphia. Drop me a note and I will tell you about them, and about the Patch daily news blubs via email or Facebook, to keep you up to date n the goings on in the local towns. It is a great place to live and not far from 'the shore'! WELCOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That book case would have come home with me. Great finds at this thrift store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finds...can't wait to see the sideboard when it's finished!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh stop! you are killing me! want and more want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh. This place is like heaven! Why can't I find a thrift store that is so fantastic! I want it all!! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your finds! Can't wait to see what you do with that desk/sideboard. And those faux bamboo nightstands - that was my bedroom furniture growing up. My mom still has a chest of drawers and my niece has the desk. Might have to go reclaim it. And that sofa is insane! Don't you hate it when you just don't have room/need for something. Such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHOA I need to go there!

    PS- the bamboo nightstands and dresser... I bought an EXACT match to them off craigslist for my client

    ReplyDelete
  14. Naomi--whenever you want to go to any of the 3 stores, let me know. We could be dangerous together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow I am your newest follower!!! I am a fellow thrifter but here in SO CAl....I Need an east coast excursion soon!
    B T Dubbs: We were both featured on The Estate of Things last post as cool Weekend Reads....

    http://www.theestateofthings.com/wp_teot/

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1