Monday, June 6, 2011

Greece is the Word, Part 1

I'm back, baby! (read that in your best George Costanza voice, please)

Before I blow your mind with a fabulous two-part visual tour of Greece today and tomorrow, I wanted to once more thank the group of awesome ladies who guest posted for me here on Meet Me in Philadelphia while I was away. It was a lot of fun to check in every few days and read through all the comments these posts were getting!

Now, without further ado, I present to you Part 1 of my big fat Greek honeymoon: Athens and Crete.
Enjoy!

Our first stop: Athens:
 The majestic Parthenon:
 Gorgeous red poppies abound in Greece.
 Taking it all very, very seriously.
 The Acropolis at night.
After two days in Athens, we took an overnight boat ride to the port city of Iraklion, Crete.

The view of the old Venetian fort from our hotel room:
 Me, windswept:
 The ancient ruins of Knossos, the palace of the Minoan civilization:
 Recreations of original frescoes found at Knossos.
The imagery was gorgeous.
(all pictures via me)

I hope you enjoyed the first part of your tour of Greece. Come back tomorrow for Santorini and Mykonos, and the rest of the week for more Greece-related fun.

So happy to be back with everyone!

12 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Ashley!! So glad to have you back!! Your pictures are so great and make me want to travel so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, and congratulations! I'm in the process of deciding where to go next--Greece is looking really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, welcome home! These are lovely. I love the dark framed photo looking out at the sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that windswept shot of you! It looks incredible. Glad to have you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back and congratulations Ashley! Your pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay welcome back! Can't wait to see all the pics and hear about the wedding too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!!! Those images are gorgeous and can't wait to see more of Greece! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful. Greece is one of my dream desitinations. I will go there one day. Are you going to post wedding pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  9. These pictures are amazing! I bet you had a fabulous time. Congrats again Ashley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Ashley, thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photos, and especially for asking me to do a guest post. Your honeymoon looks like it was an absolute dream!! Welcome back (to reality, sigh) - I'm so glad you're with us again!

    Oh, by the way, just updated my blog with the estate sale finds (nothing too exciting). :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks beautiful.....

    Windswept picture of you is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1