Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Some Thoughts on My Guest Bedroom

'Member waaaay back when I solicited good ideas on my lackluster guest bedroom? Everyone was so nice and helpful with their suggestions, but the wedding/honeymoon/general busyness of life got in the way. As a result, I'm only beginning to address this room now.

It took my thrifting this weekend to finally get my mental wheels turning, and I think I've devised a general "feel" based on this gorgeous room by Tilton Fenwick (featured in Trad Home):
(via Trad Home)
What resonated with me with this room was the pitch-perfect balance of brightness and moody, rusty colors. 

So, imagine my surprise when I discovered my $3 ceramic lamp this past Saturday:
...and stumbled upon this [sale!] fabric from Purl Soho:
(Globalweave Embroidered Stripe in red with pink stripe, via Purl Soho)

The last source of inspiration is my new wool rug that I purchased in Mykonos:
Not all my ideas are fully "cooked" but I'm liking this new, moody red direction for the guest bedroom. 
What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I like!! And that lamps has great lines...perfect find! Take care, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm into the red! Yes! That rug, that lamp - you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep visiting Purl Soho's site and looking at all the fabric they've got on sale. So many fun things! I love this striped one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That rug!!!! Lucky you! Can't wait to see this room come together. It's feeling cozy to me already.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1