Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Guest Bedroom "Look"

In the past week, my brain's been humming with ideas for my guest bedroom, so much so that I think I'm ready to share the "look" I'm trying to put together.

I'm also trying my hand at a "mood board" for the first time. Be gentle.
This is what I've come up with thus far:
Sources:
Cream/red medallion fabric: Quilts -R- Jewels
Headboard: West Elm
Suzani pillow: Etsy
Rug: My own rug, purchased in Mykonos
Side Table: CSN Stores
Lamp: My own lamp, thrifted for $3
Curtains: Anthropologie
Sculpture: Etsy

Much of this room is going to be D.I.Y. 
Here's the plan:
  1. Using the cream/red fabric to create pillow cases based on this easy-to-follow tutorial.
  2. Recreating the waaaaay expensive Anthropologie "Toorie" curtains for less.
  3. Jazzing up my thrifty $3 lamp with a lucite base! Just try and contain your excitement...
  4. Finding a less expensive option for the side tables (I'd like 2!) and the headboard.
This is where I call upon your genius, friends. 
Can you find a reasonable alternative (read: less pricey!) for my desired side table, headboard and suzani pillow?

I'm very excited to roll out these changes, and I'll be sure to chronicle the process here.

6 comments:

  1. I love it! We can totally stumble upon thrifted side tables at some point. Don't buy something new there.

    I would scour ebay for suzanis. Or... you could check out Material Culture's scrap fabric. Though they are more ikat.

    As for the bed... I know some people have made a headboard like that. I myself would probably buy it. I actually have a great source for beds. They won't be cheaper than West Elm, but they are much nicer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks awesome! Can't wait to see your guest room come together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of colors!! Especially in the rug and pillows!

    Quote Prints

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mood board, Ashley. I like the eclectic feel. Have you tried world market - it's hit and miss - but sometimes I find the perfect item.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mood board! Take your time shopping for your finds - that's half the fun!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1