Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Love For Sister

Friends, here's another post in which I ponder fabric for an upholstery fabric. But let's face it, we all love fabric. If you don't, you've come to the wrong blog and it's about time you moved on.

My living room chair, purchased from Craigslist for $40 in August, is desperate for a new look.

At the time, I thought I'd recover it in Alan Campbell for Quadrille "Lascaux" in Camel II on Tint, shown here:

(via Quadrille)

I knew Quadrille fabric was pricey, but was saddened to learn it was about $150/yard...and I needed about 5 yards to recover my chair. Yikes! Too rich for my blood, thank you.

Instead, I've turned my attention to a sister to you and I, Sister Parish.

Sister Parish Design is currently run by Parish's granddaughter and her protege and is available through several showrooms, including John Roselli in New York, Webster & Company in Boston, and San Francisco's Sloan Miyasoto. I had long associated Sister Parish with the revitalization of "country chic" in interior design--a big mistake on my part. I was pleased to see such peppy-but-still-quirky designs that I could actually imagine using in my home.

Here are a few of my favorites, each vying for the coveted spot on my living room chair:

The "Chou-Chou" print (in beige):


The "Tucker" print (in beige):


The "Serendipity" print (in beige):

(all via Sister Parish Designs)

If you haven't seen my living room, here's a picture:

(the leather director's chair has been replaced by the chair we are currently discussing)

I'm pretty sure Sister Parish fabric is pricey, too, but I love it!
What should I do?
Do you know of any cute, reasonable alternatives?
Or should I just go ahead and order my choice fabric and worry about cost later?

5 comments:

  1. These are all great, but I love the Serendipity most.

    And PS that polka dot pillow on your couch is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your endorsement is swaying my decision here, Julie! Maybe I should go ahead and not settle. Lord knows I save on everything else!

    Oh, and thanks for the pillow compliment--I made it from a Lee Jofa scrap from Ebay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that chair is fantastic! Looks like what Jonathan Adler tries to achieve but prob for $1,000 less.
    what are these fabrics? Cottons, linens?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Certainly less than Mr. Adler's version! The fabrics are all cottons, so I think they would hold up to some wear...I'm just so conflicted because of the price...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are on the same wavelength! i just put up quadrille wallpaper in my tiny powder room and i'm using sister parish burmese blue for my hallways!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
UA-43993612-1